Foods to Avoid and Foods to Enjoy!
The key is getting the body alkaline and free of processed sugars and chemicals. VERY IMPORTANT, READ ALL LABELS ! They sneak added sugar is so many things !
Make sure that nothing is “ENRICHED”. If you like bread, find whole grain or whole wheat ( Ezekiel Bread is GREAT ) again make sure that label does not include the word “ENRICHED”.
Foods to ENJOY
▪ Anything Isagenix
▪ Bananas (in moderation)
▪ Berries (blueberries, cranberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries)
▪ Chicken- organic
▪ Citrus- lemon, lime, oranges in moderation
▪ Cooking oils (non-hydrogenated coconut, olive, sesame)
▪ Dark, leafy greens (spinach, chard, kale)
▪ Eggs (whites cooked and yokes runny)
▪ Extracts- for shake flavors- ALL natural and organic!
▪ Fish (various coldwater fish)
▪ Greek yogurt- organic plain
▪ Green beans
▪ Herbs- thyme, basil, oregano, sage, mint, etc
▪ Herbal teas
▪ Lettuce (all varieties)
▪ Long grain brown rice
▪ Onions- leeks, green, sweet, yellow, etc
▪ Peppers (green, red, yellow, orange)
▪ Potatoes (in moderation) red, white, sweet and yams
▪ Raw almonds, pecans, walnuts, cashews, pepitas, sunflower seeds- all raw ▪ Sea salt and pepper
▪ Sea vegetables (kelp, kombu, hijiki and nori)
▪ Sprouted breads or 100% whole- wheat bread
▪ Vinegar- apple cider, balsamic
Foods to AVOID
▪ Artificial colorings
▪ Artificial flavorings
▪ Artificial sweeteners
▪ Black teas
▪ Chips and crackers
▪ Cold cuts (nitrates)
▪ Cooking oils (safflower, sunflower, corn, canola, peanut)
▪ Deep-fried foods
▪ Enriched foods
▪ Enriched pasta
▪ Excessive Salt
▪ Fast food
▪ Fruit juice
▪ High-fat cheese
▪ Instant, packaged foods
▪ Pork products (including ham and bacon)
▪ Processed food
▪ Refined carbohydrates
▪ Soda pop
▪ Soy proteins
▪ Sugar (including brown, powdered and confectioner’s)
▪ White flour
▪ White rice
GREAT SNACK IDEAS
All of these snacks are for shake/meal days only! A good rule of thumb is that a “snack” is typically mid morning and mid afternoon. I eat about every 2-3 hours- shake, shake, meal- with snacking in between.The size of your snack matters, especially if you want to release pounds and inches. Typically a snack is about 5-10 bites of something or a cup measured out.
1. Homemade nut mix Combine ALL RAW- walnuts, almonds, cashews, pecans pepitas, sunflower seeds, carob chips and dried chopped Plum Amazins.
2. Tamari-seasoned rice crackers are a salt lover’s vehicle for tuna salad. We like to punch it up with a squeeze of Sriracha chili sauce!
3. Mound chopped smoked salmon onto lettuce leaf and top with dill.
4. Sprinkle drained canned artichoke hearts with lemon zest, capers, chopped fresh basil and olive oil. Eat with toothpicks.
5. Stuffed Mushrooms: Briefly roast button mushroom caps until softened. Fill with jarred pesto and a little chopped turkey.
6. Smoked Turkey Pinwheels: Spread a layer of hummus on sliced smoked turkey breast and top with thinly sliced tomato. Roll up and cut into 1-inch pieces.
7. Spruce up a shot of tomato juice by topping it with finely chopped cooked shrimp, scallions and crumbled saltines.
8. Whisk together almond butter, tamari and a few drops of water. Use as an Asian-style dip for baby bok choy.
9. Five-Spice Pumpkin Seeds: Toss salted pumpkin seeds (also known as pepitas) with sesame oil and Chinese five-spice powder, then bake at 160° until crisp.
10. Turn cucumber slices into crackers: Spread them with olive tapenade and garnish with chopped fresh tarragon.
11. Dunk root veggie chips (such as Terra chips) into low-fat sour cream seasoned with hot sauce and orange zest.
12. Ants on a Log: Stuff celery sticks with cashew butter and dot with dried currants.
13. Mix crisp and spicy jarred corn relish with chopped tomatoes and cilantro; eat with rice crackers.
14. Stuff iceberg lettuce leaves with chopped ripe tomatoes and cucumbers and a dollop of hummus.
15. Dip sugar snap peas in a mixture of Greek yogurt and a bit of jarred pesto.
16. Chickpea Poppers: Thoroughly dry canned chickpeas. Spritz with extra-virgin olive oil, season with dried oregano and garlic salt and roast at 400° until crisp.
17. Spread granny smith apple wedges with chunky cashew butter and top with toasted sesame seeds.
18. Fill endive spears with chopped Bosc pears and season with balsamic vinegar.
19. No-Chop Gazpacho: Combine tomato juice, cucumber, bell peppers and onion in a mini chopper, and then pulse just until chunky. Add a splash of red wine vinegar.
20. Cut jicama into sticks, squeeze liberally with lime juice and dip in a sauce of chunky almond butter, honey and fresh ginger.
21. Combine finely chopped broccoli, multicolored bell peppers and scallions with Greek yogurt and a dash of prepared horseradish. Keep a bag of baby carrots close by.
22. 1-2-3 Thai Slaw: Open a bag of shredded carrots; dress lightly with toasted sesame oil, lime juice, olive oil, honey and a dash of cayenne pepper. Toss in chopped salted peanuts.
23. Shred iceberg lettuce into tuna salad and eat on thick-cut organic or homemade bread-and-butter pickles.
24. Deviled Eggs: Replace mayo with Greek yogurt to make deviled eggs. Fold a handful of finely chopped watercress and a pinch of Old Bay seasoning into the yolks.
25. Stuffed Figs: Split plump dried figs and stuff with toasted hazelnuts.
26. Halve a cup of cherry tomatoes and drizzle them with olive oil.
27. Sneak some finely chopped swiss chard into your pesto, and then spoon onto garlic pita chips.
28. Indian-Spiced Cashews: Toss raw cashews in coconut oil and curry powder and roast at 160° until golden.
29. Sushi Stick: Roll up sliced avocado, cucumber spears and brown rice in a nori sheet and eat with pickled ginger.
30. Fruit Compote: Choose 1 cup of- either blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, apple. Mix 1 cup of fruit with olive oil, cinnamon and a touch of stevia if desired and pan-fry until
they’re on the brink of bursting, then gobble up while warm.
31. ½ IsaLean Shake
32. ½ IsaLean Bar
33. 1 Slimcake
34. 1 FiberPro Bar
35. 2 tbsp. IsaCrunch
36. A few Isagenix Snacks, chocolate or vanilla, with 8oz. of purified water
37. 5-10 raw almonds
38. 1 egg
39. 1 cup cucumbers, sliced
40. A small organic salad with favorite organic salad dressing
41. 1 cup of fresh melon or blueberries, raspberries
42. 1 small apple, sliced
43. ½ cup cooked brown rice or quinoa
44. A slice of nitrite-free, hormone-free turkey
45. 1 stalk of celery with organic almond butter
46. 3 oz. of grilled, organic chicken
47. ½ cup of fat-free organic yogurt with ½ berries
48. ½ cup fat-free organic cottage cheese